Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Canon 1014E Problem

  1. #1
    Berk
    Guest Berk's Avatar

    Post

    Hi everyone,

    I just got a Canon 1014E and am having a problem with it.

    I have ensured there are 6 fresh batteries in it ( 4 in handle , 2 on the side ) and the battery check registers fine, I have set the run knob to ?R?, the rewind button to ?O?, the fade button is locked, the frame speed to 24 -- the auto light meter and the electronic zoom all have power and work fine But when I fully depress the trigger nothing happens ? There is no sounds from the motor ( except the auto light meter registers ). It is almost as if there is a lock button. Is there something blatantly obvious that I have forgotten. I have looked through the manual and I can?t find any other thing I need to do. I have tried with film in the camera and without?

    Any insight is appreciated.

    PS condolences for towers attack. There are many US flags here in support

    Thanks
    Deniz
    Ottawa Canada

    ------------------

  2. #2
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    I know this sounds dumb, but have you tried other new batteries and made sure that they are in correctly? The fact that the internal light meter works is a positive sign. I think that the light meter and zoom work off of the 2 batteries on the side, but will only run if a charge is going through the bottom compartment as well. (ie dead batteries in the bottom, but good batteries in the side).

    Does the zoom work?

    Scott

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by ulrichsd (edited September 17, 2001).]

  3. #3
    kbrady
    Guest kbrady's Avatar

    Post

    Deniz,

    It sounds like the trigger asembly is not functioning. I have a 1014 which has much use on it, and recently the trigger has begun to "fail" intermittantly. Oddly, shaking the camera sometimes gets it going again, as does repeatedly pulling the trigger (low-tech solutions).

    If your battery meter and light meter are functioning, then the camera is getting power from the batteries. I therefore believe probelm is with the electrical contacts in the trigger.

    Try to get the company where you bought it to have it checked out/repaired.

    KBrady

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •